The Legend Chiang Rai Resort & Spa lies along the Mae Kok River, secluded from Chiang Rai Town, yet only a few minutes by car from the city centre. The property has a panoramic view of the near-by hills and mountains. The riverside is rich with large rain trees and lush vegetation. The immediate surroundings are relatively undeveloped, providing a tranquil, natural location ideal for a resort & spa.
Address:24/15 Moo 21 Kohloy Road, Amphur Muang, Chiang Rai, Thailand 57000
Call:+66(0)53 910 400-9
GPS coordinates :19°55'04.8"N 99°50'25.9"E
Gettings & Directions
- 7 Km. driving from Mae Fah Luang International Airport to the hotel
- 1.5 Km. driving from hotel to Walking Street & Night Market
- 15 Km. driving from hotel to local made pottery (Doi Din Dang)
- 8 Km. driving from hotel to Mae Fah Luang Art and Culture Park
- 5 Km. driving from hotel to shopping center (Big C & Central Plaza)
- Hotel to Chiang Rai airport = 8 km. 20 min. -> 250 baht (THB) per person / way.
- Hotel to Chiang Rai city = 2 km. 10 min. -> 50 baht per person one way and return by Taxi or Tuk Tuk 80 baht per one Taxi or Tuk Tuk.
- Hotel to Bus station 1 (Old terminal in the city) = 50 baht per person / way.
- Hotel to Bus station 2 (New terminal outside the city) = 150 baht per person / way.
- Mah Fah Luang Art & Cultural Park
- Wat Rong Khun (White Temple)
- Wat Prakaew
- Baan Dam (Black Temple)
- The Hall of Opium Golden Triangle Park
- Chiang Saen National Museum
- Doi Tung
- Doi Din Dang Local Made Pottery
- Doi Mae Salong
- Phu Chi Fah Forest Park
Mae Kok River
Mae Kok River This is the most appealing aspect of The Legend Chiang Rai's location, and our main restaurant, swimming pool, outdoor massage centre, the villas and many guest rooms all share a lovely vista of its magical moods, and changing textures. The Legend's conference room also commands a river view, and several organisers have remarked that the tranquil feeling enhances communication and creativity amongst the meeting participants. The Mae Kok is a 160-km long tributary of the Mekong, with its source over in Shan State, Burma. Whether in full flood and majesty during the rainy season, or serenely calm at other times of year, its proximity coupled with the hotel's slightly elevated position, creates a delightful perspective. Eyes are drawn to it, and tend to rest there contentedly for long periods, as the fascination is endless. The river also provides an artery for boat trips and bamboo rafting, with an abundance of beautiful scenery along its verdant banks.